We produce many and varied Matchday Programmes for our partner clubs. From 8 pages to 128 pages and all combinations in between.
But how, as a non league club, with relatively small crowds and tight budgets, can you produce a content rich programme, sell if for £1 and still make money?
Take a bow Stone Old Alleynians
Phil Jackson is the Programme Editor for the Old Alleynians. He has produced the programme in MS Publisher for years and whilst he would be the first to admit graphic design is not his strongest point, the programme nevertheless does the job the club requires.
In terms of specification, the programme cover is printed full colour whilst all of the ‘text’ pages are printed black only. The saving in print cost by not having all pages full colour means the club can afford to have more pages which gives more room for great and content AND advertisements.
It does mean that at least one member of the committee has to secure the advertising for the programme (which can clearly be time consuming) but the result is a 32 page programme with an average print run of around 40 that actually enables the club to make a profit to re-invest in club facilities.
Key points where cost is a major issue but you still need a programme printed to professional standards.
- Learn a design package yourself to control costs
- Leave white space at the edges of all pages so that no text is trimmed off during production
- If you have a small budget print the ‘text’ pages in black
- Get local businesses to advertise. Even if it’s only £50 per season, it all mounts up quite quickly
- Use an experienced programme printer like Matchday Programmes to produce your programmes. You will notice a difference in terns of paper, print and binding quality
If you think your club could benefit from our service, get in touch
Simply complete the form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a very competitive quote.
If you prefer to speak to one of the team give us a call on 01782 525500 or send us an email to: email@example.com