Cipher Graphics Ltd Privacy Statement
We regard your privacy as important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to send you information about products and services in which you register an interest. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this purpose. We will not pass it on to any third party. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are company number 03424748 registered in England and Wales.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) there are six lawful bases for processing personal data. These are detailed as follows:
- Consent – the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
- Contract – the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation – the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Vital Interests – the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
- Public Task – the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legitimate Interests – the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
Further information regarding the lawful basis for processing personal data can be found at ico.org.uk
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you supply us with. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, sign up for any regular newsletter, information services, web forum or consultancy, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site or otherwise contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including the date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number if you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website, and, if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- Company details
- Email address
- Information about your device browser and operating system.
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Emails you open
- Demographic data
- Location and time zone
How we uses this information
We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to conduct other of our business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Send your email and/or postal messages with information about our services and other content we think may be of interest to you.
- Telephone you about our services and other content we think may be of interest to you.
- Develop and provide Marketing tailored to your interests, including interest-based marketing.
- Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites.
- Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services, and marketing. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
We will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under the law. We will seek consent from you if we need to process your data solely identified purposes.
We will process payment details to fulfil client orders and these details will only be handled by the accounts department or, authorised employee’s which have been given prior permission to handle payment details by Senior Management. The details used have been supplied by the client to make payment for goods purchased as details on their transactional documents. Payment details are not stored anywhere and all records taken are used for that sole purpose in which they were given. All payment details are destroyed, erased, deleted from everywhere once payment confirmation has been received.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of our company
Co-promotions with Carefully Selected Business Partners
We from time to time may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programs, we will make clear at the point of collection that the information will be shared with us and the participating business partner and ask for your consent as required by applicable laws.
Third-party service providers
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a 3rd party service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions
- Complete and deliver our products/services.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications
- Contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites
- Perform other services that we request
Where permitted by law, we combine personal information about you that we have collected with personal information about you that a business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not be permitted to use our data or the combined data for its own, independent marketing purposes. Our service provider will only be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by contacting us at email@example.com
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information, when required by law and/or government authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for our business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our websites are hosted in the UK.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving the request, we will respond and tell you when we expect to provide you with the information.
Removal/Erasure of your information
You may request the removal and/or erasure of personal data concerning you, and we shall erase the personal data without undue delay when one of the following applies:
- if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- if you object to the processing in case the processing is for direct marketing purposes;
- if the personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- if the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in EU or national law.
If you wish us to remove/erase personally identifiable information, you can contact us at email@example.com
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from Cipher Graphics Ltd as practicable. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications. We may keep information for record keeping to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law, please contact us as described below.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a website that can be understood by the website that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our website(s) are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website(s) or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our website(s), such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the website(s). The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our website(s), such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the website(s) and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
You may receive interest-based marketing, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based Marketing is online Marketing from Cipher Graphics Ltd that is tailored to your interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
- The web pages you view and links you click on Cipher Graphics Ltd websites and other websites you visit
- Mobile applications you use
- The Cipher Graphics emails you view and links you click on the email
- Demographic data
- Offline and online purchase data
We have designed our interest-based marketing systems to deliver such ads to you based only on data that does not personally identify you.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based Marketing in mobile applications
Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based marketing in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your devices’ operating system.
Links to Third Party websites and Social Media
Cipher Graphics websites may include links to third-party websites. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
Our websites may include plugins from social networks or other third parties. An example of a plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. Where legally permitted, these plugins may communicate with and send information to the party that provided the plugin, even if you do not click on the plugin. This information may include your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site. Loading, using or clicking the plugins may also place, read and transmit cookies. These cookies may contain a unique identifier the social network or third party assigns to you. The loading, functionality and your use of the plugins are governed by the privacy statement and terms of the party that provided the plugin.
Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to Social Media sites become public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in such submissions or posts. Cipher Graphics cannot prevent others from using such information in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Cipher Graphics is not responsible for the results of such postings.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries: (i) we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and (ii) we will protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Our websites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our websites.
Links to other websites and apps
Our website(s) may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked websites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.